We're giving away a pair of General Admission Weekend tickets to Afropunk!
How to enter:
1. Follow Zipcar Tri-State on Twitter and tell us which performance you're most excited to see and why with hashtag #zip2afropunk for a chance to win.
2. Follow Zipcar on Facebook and comment which performance you're most excited to see and why with hashtag #zip2afropunk for a chance to win.
Not a Zipcar member? No worries! Everyone is welcome to particpate in our contest. Not on Twitter or Facebook? Fill out the following form to enter.
About this offer:
Contest only valid through Twitter, Facebook & Jotform submission. Contest begins on August 8th, 2016 at 10:00AM EST and will end August 14th, 2016 at 5:00pm EST. One (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected to receive one (1) pair of General Admission Weekend passes. We will notify the winner on or about August 14th, 2016 at 12:00pm EST.
By participating in the Afropunk Ticket Giveaway, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Zipcar, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority at time of entry (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Entry into the Promotion is open to both members and non-members of Zipcar; purchase of a Zipcar membership is not necessary to enter the Contest and a purchase will not improve the ability of an Entrant to win. However, each Entrant selected as a winner of a prize that includes Zipcar driving credit or free days must have a Zipcar membership to collect such prize; any Entrant who does not have a Zipcar membership will forfeit such prize and be awarded an alternate prize (based on availability and at Sponsor’s sole discretion) and Sponsor shall select an alternative winner. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins August 8th, 2016 at10:00am EST and ends on August 14th, 2016 at 5:00pm EST. (The “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must have a valid Twitter account and follow @ZipcarTriState on Twitter. From your Twitter account, tweet the hashtag “#zip2afropunk” during the Promotional period (your “Entry”). BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ANY DECISION OF SPONSOR. Your Entry must be received by Zipcar by August 14th, 2016 at 5:00 pm EST.
You may not use multiple Twitter accounts to participate in the Promotion. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your responses may not be visible to Sponsor and may not thus be received by Sponsor. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device, standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply. Limit one (1) Entry per person. If more than 1 Entry per person is received or if any person attempts to submit more than 1 Entry by using the same, multiple or different names or twitter addresses, such Entries may be deemed void and such Entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion.
Entrants must have a valid Facebook account and like the Zipcar page on Facebook. From your Facebook account, reply to Afropunk ticket giveaway post during the Promotional period (your “Entry”.)
Entrants must have a valid e-mail address to submit via the jotform.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ANY DECISION OF SPONSOR. Your Entry must be received by Zipcar by August 14th, 2016 at 5:00pm EST. Limit one (1) Entry per person. If more than one (1) Entry per person is received or if any person attempts to submit more than one (1) Entry by using the same, multiple or different names, such Entries may be deemed void and such Entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion.
4. Winner Selection: Winner will be picked at random by a panel of judges appointed by Sponsor. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these Official Rules. Entries will also be verified for accuracy to confirm that the Entrant supplied Sponsor with their correct contact information. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
Final determination of winners is at the Sponsor’s and judging panel’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants, transfers and conveys to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license and the absolute right to edit, reproduce, modify, publish, exploit, create derivative works from, display in whole or in part, and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity, including, without limitation, the right to use the Entry, in whole or in part, for any and all purposes and in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner including for promotional, marketing and commercial purposes, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
Each Entry submitted (i) must be entrant’s own original work and must not contain images or artwork not created by Entrant, (ii) must not be disparaging to Sponsor and must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (iii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iv) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (v) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (vi) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement, (vii) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor which Entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Entry in this Promotion, (viii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (ix) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion.
Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Entry (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Entry and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
8. PRIZES: Grand prize winner will receive:
(2) General admission weekend tickets to Afropunk (1 pair of tickets).
Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow up to 1 week for prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
9. WINNER SELECTION: One grand prize winner will be notified via Twitter, Facebook or email by Zipcar. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification message within 72 hours from the date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification message or such prize will be forfeited. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification message within the specified time or the prize notification message is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen by Sponsor based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via private message and must respond to the Zipcar prize notification email within 72 hours from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification private message or such prize will be forfeited.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor’ and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, Entry and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
All winning Entrants will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (the “Affidavit”) within 24 hours of notification in order to receive a prize (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign any, publicity release). Some restrictions apply. All taxes or expenses, including without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner as well as all costs incurred in entering into the Promotion or using or enjoying the prize, such as any administrative costs, insurances and spending money are (unless specifically stated otherwise). No substitutions or cash equivalent of a prize will be permitted. Prizes are non-transferable.
10. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an account by Sponsor. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
11. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
12. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, human error, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper functioning of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time of such action either by [using the Judging Criteria] or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
15. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Zipcar Attn: Dio Kollias, Marketing Coordinator- 1265 Broadway 2nd Floor New York, NY 10001. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by August 15th, 2016
16. SPONSOR: Zipcar, Inc., 1265 Broadway 2nd Floor New York, NY 10001