Enter NOW for a chance to WIN a weekend getaway to Big Bear Mountain Resorts.
We’re sending one lucky Zipster on a wintry weekend getaway to Big Bear, complete with a weekend reservation in a Zipcar, a pair of lift tickets to either Bear Mountain or Snow Summit Ski resorts and a hotel voucher worth $300. To enter, simply reserve and take a ziptrip within the next two weeks (1/15/15 – 1/29/15) then fill out the entry form on the zipcar.com/bigbear landing page (your name, zipcard number and reservation date). Contest begins on January 15, 2015 and will end January 29, 2015. One grand prize winner will be randomly selected and announced on or about January 30, 2015 at 12PM PST. To enter, follow the steps below:
1. To Enter, simply reserve and take a Ziptrip between the dates of January 15th and January 29th. Entrant must also fill out an entry form on the zipcar.com/bigbear landing page in order to be entered into the contest. One entry per person.
About this offer:
Contest begins on January 15th and will end January 29th. One grand prize winner will be randomly selected to receive the prize pack. We will announce them on or about January 30th at 12pm PST.
By participating in the “Zip to Big Bear” sweepstakes (the “Promotion”), each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Zipcar, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and Canada, age 18 or older at time of entry (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Entry into the Promotion is open to members of Zipcar. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins January 15th at 12pm PST and ends on January 29th at 5pm PST. (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must have reserved and taken a Ziptrip during the Promotional Period and filled out the entry form (your “Entry”) on the zipcar.com/bigbear landing page. BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ANY DECISION OF SPONSOR. Your Entry must be received by Zipcar by January 29th at 5pm. Limit one (1) Entry per person. If more than 1 Entry per person is received or if any person attempts to submit more than 1 Entry by using the same, multiple or different names, such Entries may be deemed void and such Entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion.
4. JUDGING Criteria:
Winner will be picked at random by a panel of judges appointed by Sponsor. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these Official Rules. Entries will also be verified for accuracy to confirm that the Entrant supplied Sponsor with their correct contact information. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
Final determination of winners is at the Sponsor’s and judging panel’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants, transfers and conveys to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license and the absolute right to edit, reproduce, modify, publish, exploit, create derivative works from, display in whole or in part, and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity, including, without limitation, the right to use the Entry, in whole or in part, for any and all purposes and in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner including for promotional, marketing and commercial purposes, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Entry (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Entry and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
7. PRIZES: There will be one winner of the prize package which includes driving credit to accommodate a two (2) day weekend-rate reservation in a Zipcar (up to $200), a pair of lift tickets redeemable at either Bear Mountain or Snow Summit Ski resorts and a hotel voucher valued at $300. Please allow 2-4 weeks for grand prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
8. WINNER SELECTION: One grand prize winner will be notified via email by Sponsor. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification message within 72 hours from the date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification message or such prize will be forfeited. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification message within the specified time or the prize notification message is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen by Sponsor based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email message and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email within 72 hours from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email or such prize will be forfeited.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, Entry and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an account by Sponsor. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
10. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
11. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, human error, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper functioning of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time of such action either by [using the Judging Criteria] or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
14. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Zipcar Attn: Scott Marszalek, Marketing Manager- 1529 N. Cahuenga Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by February 13, 2015.
15. SPONSOR: Zipcar, Inc., 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210