Who is eligible to become a Zipcar member?
To be eligible, you must
- Applicants must be 21 years or older to be eligible for application/membership; 18-20 years old if affiliated with a college or university.
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license.
- Applicants will be required to accept terms and conditions of the member application and member agreement (stating their driving record complies with Zipcar terms and conditions).
- Applicants that possess a non-US or Ontario based license are required to complete and submit a "declarations form" attesting to the validity of their driving history and license status.
- If you are joining in Michigan and under the age of 21, you must maintain a driving record of no major violations, incidents, or alcohol/drug-related violations.
- AC - Accident offences, including failing to stop and give particulars
- BA - Driving whilst disqualified
- CD - Driving without due care / causing death
- DD - Dangerous / Furious driving
- DR - Drink or drugs / failing to provide a specimen
- IN - Driving uninsured against 3rd Party
- LC - Driving otherwise than in accordance with licence
- MS50, 80, 90 - Motor racing, failure to provide eyesight test and failure to give identity of driver
- UT50 - Aggravated taking of vehicle
In addition to the requirements above, Zipcar reserves the right to decline membership based on driving history or credit issues.