Who is eligible to become a Zipcar member?
To be eligible, you must
- Be at least 21 years old or be joining an affiliated Business or University and be at least 19 years old.
- If under 21 years of age have held a full licence for at least 2 years with no convictions or accidents.
- If under 25 years of age and in posession if non-EU licence, issuing country must be either be USA or a designated reciprocal country.
- If under 25 years of age, you may have to successfully complete a short online module, to assess awareness of driving risk and ensure that you understand zipcar's 6 Simple Rules.
- If over 75 years of age have two years driving experience in the last 5 years with no accidents or claims in that time.
- Have a driving record that meets the following requirements
- Have held a full driving licence for a minimum of 12 months.
- Have no more than 6 penalty points on driving licence.
- If under 30 years of age have no more than 3 penalty points on driving licence.
- Have had no more than 1 accident claim in the last 3 years.
- Have no major convictions.
- AC - Accident offences, including failing to stop and give particulars
- BA - Driving whilst disqualified
- CD - Driving without due care / causing death
- DD - Dangerous / Furious driving
- DR - Drink or drugs / failing to provide a specimen
- IN - Driving uninsured against 3rd Party
- LC - Driving otherwise than in accordance with licence
- MS50, 80, 90 - Motor racing, failure to provide eyesight test and failure to give identity of driver
- UT50 - Aggravated taking of vehicle
In addition to the requirements above, Zipcar reserves the right to decline membership based on driving history or credit issues.