Social Connect Driving Credit Giveaway
Connect and share for a chance to win!
Want a chance at $25 in Zipcar driving credit? Socially connect with us on Facebook and share what your plans are for your upcoming Ziptrip, and you could be one of four lucky winners to snag free drive time.
You’ll be automatically entered for a chance at the prize when you do the following:
1. Make a new Zipcar reservation
2. When served the prompt to socially connect with Zipcar on Facebook, opt into connect and share to your Facebook page what your plans are for your upcoming Zipcar reservation. You’ll be asked the following question within the app - Ziptrip booked. Sweet! Share where you’re headed and be automatically entered for a chance to win one of four $25 driving credit giveaways.
3. Accept these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the “I agree” button within the application
Limit one entry per person. The first share you post to your Facebook page will count as your entry. Looking for an example of what to say? Here’s some inspiration:
Stoked about my Zipcar reservation! I’m heading out of town to run a 5K with my best friends.
About this offer:
Contest only valid through Zipcar.com. Contest begins on October 10, 2014 at 2:00PM EST and will end on November 7, 2014 at 2:00PM EST . We will randomly pick 4 winners who will each be awarded with $25 in Zipcar driving credit. Credit will be applied directly to winners’ member accounts. Winners will be contacted directly via email.
By participating in the Social Connect Giveaway (the “Promotion”), each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Zipcar, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are existing Zipcar members at time of entry (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Entry into the Promotion is open to members of Zipcar who have recently made a Zipcar reservation and who are served the social connect application on the Zipcar.com reservation confirmation page; not all members will be served the social connect application after making a reservation. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins October 10, 2014 at 2:00PM EST and ends on November 7, 2014 at 2:00PM EST (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants who are served the social connect app after making a reservation will be automatically entered after they socially connect with Zipcar, share their plans for their upcoming Ziptrip on Facebook and agree to the contest Terms and Conditions. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANTS AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ANY DECISION OF SPONSOR. Entries must be received by Sponsor on or before 2:00PM EST on November 7, 2014.
Limit one (1) Entry per person. If more than 1 Entry per person is received or if any person attempts to submit more than 1 Entry by using the same, multiple or different Zipcar accounts, or otherwise, such Entries may be deemed void and such Entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Any Entrant found or reasonably suspected to be using multiple accounts to submit multiple Entries will be deemed ineligible for the Promotion, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants, transfers and conveys to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license and the absolute right to edit, reproduce, modify, publish, exploit, create derivative works from, display in whole or in part, and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity, including, without limitation, the right to use the Entry, in whole or in part, for any and all purposes and in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner including for promotional, marketing and commercial purposes, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry.
5. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry submitted (i) must be entrant’s own original work and must not contain images or artwork not created by Entrant, (ii) must not be disparaging to Sponsor and must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (iii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iv) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (v) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (vi) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement, (vii) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor which Entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Entry in this Promotion, (viii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (ix) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion.
Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Entry (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Entry and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
6. PRIZES AND WINNER SELECTION:
Four (4) Entries will be randomly selected to win the $25 driving credit prize ($100 in driving credit total). The likelihood of being selected a winner is dependent on the number of Entries received.
Final determination of winning Entries is at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion
Prize fulfillment is based on availability. All taxes or expenses, including without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner as well as all costs incurred in entering into the Promotion or using or enjoying the prize, such as any administrative costs, insurances and spending money are (unless specifically stated otherwise). We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor shall not be required to substitute a prize for any reason. Prizes are non-transferable.
Each winning Entrant will be notified via email by Sponsor on or around November 7, 2014. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within 48 hours from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email or such prize will be forfeited. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within the specified time or the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen by Sponsor based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email within 72 hours from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email or such prize will be forfeited.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, Entry and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
7. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the contest website) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the contest website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
8. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
9. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, human error, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper functioning of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time of such action either by using the Judging Criteria or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
12. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Zipcar Attn: Social Connect Contest, Member Marketing Department, 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by November 11, 2014.
13. SPONSOR: Zipcar, Inc., 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210