frequently asked questions
How does the 30-day trial period work?
Join Zipcar and try it out for 30 days. If it's not for you, we'll refund your annual fee.
We just know you are going to love Zipcar so we are willing to give you a guarantee. Here are the rules:
- Trial applies only to the annual fee and refundable deposit.
- Trial does not apply to the application fee. That fee covers our cost of insurance checks and Zipcard.
- If a coupon is redeemed and membership is cancelled within 30 days, the coupon becomes void and all driving will be charged to the member.
- Trial does not apply toward any driving cost.
- Members on an Extra Value Plan receive only a refund of the deposit, not the monthly commitment.
- Trial not valid for accounts with a discounted rate plan (this includes, but is not limited to, Zipcar as an HR benefit, sponsored plans, and university memberships).
- 30 days start once your membership application has been submitted to Zipcar.
If you sadly choose to relinquish your membership within the first 30 days, redeem your annual fee by calling 1-866-4ZIPCAR.Back to FAQs