“Stay Green” Sweepstakes
You always reserve an EV. You make sure your house is so green it could be a rain forest. You are the epitome of green living. Now it’s time to let your eco-conscious living pay off! Between April 13th and April 22nd, tell us how you live green and you'll be entered to win a 5-course Chefs Tasting with Wine Pairing for you & a friend at NYC farm-to-table Blenheim. You will also win a two night stay and spa package at Mohonk Mountain House (and a Zipcar to get you there!).
Beginning Monday, April 13th through Wednesday, April 22nd, tweet @ZipcarNYC, using #zipgreencontest (your “Entry”) and tell us how you live green. Alternate form of entry is by submitting your entry via the landing page. Simply look for the line that reads “Don’t have a twitter account? Fill out this handy dandy form!". One lucky winner will receive a 5-course Chef Tasting and Wine Pairing for you and a friend at Blenheim plus a two night stay and spa package from Mohonk Mountain House (and a Zipcar to get you there!). If you are not a Zipcar member, you can still enter!
1. Follow @ZipcarNYC on Twitter
You must follow @ZipcarNYC before you enter.
2. To enter, tell us how you live green! Post a message to @ZipcarNYC telling us how you live green and make sure to use the hashtag #zipgreencontest. Don’t have twitter? Fill out the form on our landing page.
3. Be judged by the Zipcar Team to win! Please refer to section 4 on judging criteria.
Not a Zipcar member? No worries! Everyone is welcome to participate in our sweepstakes.
One entry per person.
For example: I live green by raising free range chickens #zipgreencontest.
About this offer:
Contest only valid through Twitter or contest landing page located at (zipcar.com/staygreen). Contest begins on Monday, April 13th and will end Wednesday, April 22nd. We’ll pick one (1) winner from the submissions on Wednesday, April 22nd at 3pm ET and will announce them on Twitter on or about Thursday, April 23rd at 4:30pm ET. Sponsor will judge one entry to be the winner from the submission and will announce the winner on Twitter on Thursday, April 23rd.
By participating in the Show Us Your Green Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”), each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Zipcar, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and Canada, age 21 or older at time of entry (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Entry into the Promotion is open to both members and non-members of Zipcar; purchase of a Zipcar membership is not necessary to enter the Contest and a purchase will not improve the ability of an Entrant to win. However, each Entrant judged as a winner of a prize that includes Zipcar driving credit or free days must have a Zipcar membership to collect such prize. Any Entrant who does not have a Zipcar membership will be given the opportunity to join Zipcar (will be given a free membership for 1 year) in order to collect the prize; if the winner elects not to join Zipcar they will forfeit this element of the prize. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins Monday, April 13, 2015 and ends on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 3pm ET. (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must have a valid Twitter account and follow @ZipcarNYC on Twitter. From your Twitter account Tweet @ZipcarNYC, using #zipgreencontest (your “Entry”). Entries may also be submitted via the entry form on the contest landing page. Entries through the landing page must include a message on how you live green and the specified hashtag. (#zipgreencontest). BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANTS AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ANY DECISION OF SPONSOR. Entries must be received by Sponsor on or before 3:00pm ET on April 22, 2015.
You may not use multiple Twitter accounts to participate in the Promotion. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your responses may not be visible to Sponsor and may not thus be received by Sponsor. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device, standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply. Limit one (1) Entry per person. If more than 1 Entry per person is received or if any person attempts to submit more than 1 Entry by using the same, multiple or different names or twitter addresses, such Entries may be deemed void and such Entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion.
4. JUDGING: One (1) Entry will be judged the winner on Wednesday, April 22nd around 3pm ET. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these rules. Winning Entry will be judged and selected by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, based on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”):
· Uniqueness: What makes your green lifestyle different than others?
· Creativity: How creatively did you describe your passion for green living?
· Passion: How did you convey your passion for green living in NYC?
· Brand Spirit: How well did you depict the spirit of Zipcar?
If two entries are judged and given the same score, a new panel of judges will re-judge the entries and determine the winner. Final determination of winning Entries is at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants, transfers and conveys to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license and the absolute right to edit, reproduce, modify, publish, exploit, create derivative works from, display in whole or in part, and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity, including, without limitation, the right to use the Entry, in whole or in part, for any and all purposes and in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner including for promotional, marketing and commercial purposes, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry submitted (i) must be entrant’s own original work and must not contain images or artwork not created by Entrant, (ii) must not be disparaging to Sponsor and must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (iii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iv) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (v) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (vi) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement, (vii) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor which Entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Entry in this Promotion, (viii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (ix) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion.Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
7. PRIZES: one (1) winner will win a 5-course Chefs Tasting and Wine Pairing for you & a friend at Blenheim. You will also win a one night stay and spa package to Mohonk Mountain House and Zipcar reservation to get you there valued at a total of $2741. Both the dinner and Mohonk stay must happen before June 30, 2015. Reservation dates of Mohonk Mountain House will be subject to availability. All driving credit and reservations will be covered for roundtrip only. Any additional usage will be charged to member. Winners will be mailed vouchers within two weeks of claiming their prize. Further instructions, if needed, will be included in notification e-mail to winner. If winner fails to respond to notification email, prize will be forfeited. If winner is a non-Zipcar member, they will have the option of becoming a Zipcar member (1 year free membership will be provided.) Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
8. WINNER SELECTION: One Entry will be judged to be the winner by Sponsor on Wednesday, April 22nd according to the Judging Criteria. The winning Entrant will be notified via Twitter message or email by Sponsor by Thursday, April 23rd. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification message or email within 48 hours from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification message or email or such prize will be forfeited. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification message or email within the specified time or the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen by Sponsor based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email or Twitter message and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email or Twitter within 72 hours from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email or such prize will be forfeited.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, Entry and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
All winning Entrants will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (the “Affidavit”) within 72 hours of notification in order to receive a prize (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign any, publicity release). Some restrictions apply. All taxes or expenses, including without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner as well as all costs incurred in entering into the Promotion or using or enjoying the prize, such as any administrative costs, insurances and spending money are (unless specifically stated otherwise). Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash equivalency.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
10. INDEMNITY: Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the contest website) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the contest website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
11. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, human error, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper functioning of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time of such action either by selecting winners at random or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
14. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Zipcar Attn: Raven Valdes, 1265 Broadway, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by May 22, 2015.
15. SPONSOR: Zipcar, Inc., 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210