ready to buy?
Visit our damage fee waiver purchase page to buy a complete annual damage fee waiver and snag a bonus $15 driving credit.
The road is full of surprises like diners with fantastic tater tots, the world's largest yo-yo... and occasionally bumps. That's why there's the optional $79 annual complete damage fee waiver, which reduces your damage fee down to $0. Snag one from October 18-24, 2014 and you'll get a surprise $15 driving credit added to your account on November 13 (though it's not much of a surprise anymore...).
Got a question about the annual complete damage fee waiver or $15 bonus driving credit? We've got answers:
- When is the damage fee waiver bonus happening? Who is eligible to receive it?
- All North American Zipsters in major cities who received an email about this $15 driving credit promotion are eligible to receive $15 in bonus driving credit if they purchase an annual complete damage fee waiver between 12:01am EDT on Saturday, October 18, 2014 through 11:59pm EDT on Friday, October 24, 2014. Standard damage fee waiver eligibility rules apply. Members who already have a current damage fee waiver are not eligible to receive the $15 driving credit bonus.
- How do I know if I qualified to get the bonus $15 driving credit?
- As long as you received the email announcing this offer, didn’t already have a complete damage waiver on your account, and purchased a complete annual damage fee waiver between 12:01am EDT on Saturday, October 18, 2014 through 11:59pm EDT on Friday, October 24, 2014, you will qualify to receive the bonus $15 in driving credit.
- I want to buy an optional complete annual damage fee waiver! Where do I go?
- Simply login to Zipcar.com and visit our damage fee waiver purchase page at https://members.zipcar.com/members/add-waiver to buy a complete annual damage fee waiver.
- Which damage fee waiver qualifies me to receive the bonus $15 driving credit?
- The "complete" annual damage fee waiver qualifies you to receive the bonus $15 driving credit. (Damage fee waivers are optional to purchase.)
- Note: neither the $5/month nor the $50/year partial waivers are eligible to receive the bonus driving credit. The $9/month complete waiver is also not eligible to receive the bonus driving credit
- How do I get the $15 bonus driving credit? Is there a coupon code to redeem?
- Nope, there's not a coupon code to redeem. We'll automatically place the $15 bonus driving credit in your account by 11:59pm on Thursday, November 13, 2014 if you purchase a complete annual damage fee waiver during the promotional time period.
- How long do I have to use the $15 bonus driving credit? Where can I see it on my account?
- You have 4 weeks to use your $15 driving credit.
- To see the credit in your account, visit https://www.zipcar.com/members/account and under "my stuff", navigate to "my statement". There, you'll find a gray tab in the middle of the page that says "credit balances". It will show you the amount of credit you have, along with its expiration date.
- I'm a direct-billed Z4B member, and don't see the option to buy a waiver on my account. How do I purchase one and take advantage of this promotion?
- Our direct-billed Z4B members are not eligible to purchase an annual waiver and thus, not eligible for this offer.
- I thought my Zipcar membership came with insurance. What gives?
- All Zipcar memberships come with insurance. But if your Zipcar gets into an incident and it's your fault, a damage fee applies. If you want a little peace of mind during Ziptrips, you can lower your damage fee or avoid it altogether by purchasing an optional damage fee waiver.
- We know this insurance stuff can be tricky. To learn more about Zipcar's insurance policies, visit /how/faqs/category-insurance-and-damage.