Whitecaps FC 2015 Sweepstakes
The ("Sweepstakes") begins at 12:00 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) on Saturday July 25, 2015 and ends at ends at 4:00PM PT Sunday Oct 25th, 2015 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and all other U.S. territories and possessions), age 21 or older at time of entry who are members of Zipcar’s car sharing services and (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”.) Employees and immediate families of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, and agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Each Entrant who reserves and drives an available Zipcar Whitecaps FC named/branded vehicle from one of the locations listed below, according to the terms and conditions of their Member Agreement with Zipcar, during the Sweepstakes Period shall be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes for the applicable week. Entrants may only be the winner once during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Locations of the Zipcar Vehicles:
Whitecaps FC Kah at 1119 Hornby at Helmcken
Whitecaps FC Koffie at 688 Cambie at Georgia
Whitecaps FC Kekuta at Richmond Centre
Whitecaps FC Mezquida at 1100 Jervis at Davie
Whitecaps FC Rosales at 1650 Davie at Bidwell
Whitecaps FC Waston at 1650 Davie at Bidwell
Whitecaps FC Ousted at Kitsilano Beach
- PRIZES, DRAWINGS AND ODDS OF WINNING:
On or about 12:00 PM on the Wednesday prior to the applicable game:
- Wednesday Aug 5th, 2015 – 12:01 PM PT
- Wed Aug 19th, 2015 - 12:01 PM PT
- Wed Sep 16th, 2015 – 12:01 PM PT
- Wed Sep 23rd, 2015 – 12:01 PM PT
- Wed Oct 21st, 2015 – 12:01 PM PT
a winner for the applicable game will be randomly selected by the Sponsor, one winner each week
Each prize will consist of the following:
- 2 tickets to a Whitecaps FC Canadian professional soccer team weekend home game located at BC Place, Vancouver, British Columbia
- The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is $108.00
- The approximate ARV of all prizes is $432.00
No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor which reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The dates of the games are:
- Saturday Aug 8th , 2015 – 7:00PM PT (Whitecaps FC vs. Real Salt Lake)
- Saturday Aug 22nd, 2015 – 7:00PM PT (Whitecaps FC vs. FC Dallas)
- Saturday Sep 19th, 2015 - 4:00PM PT (Whitecaps FC vs. Sounders FC)
- Saturday Sep 26th, 2015 -7:00PM PT (Whitecaps FC vs. New York City FC)
- Sunday Oct 25th , 2015 – 4:00PM PT (Whitecaps FC vs. Houston Dynamo)
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Sweepstakes winners will receive prize notification via Twitter direct message, email and/or phone call, within 3 day of the applicable soccer game. The potential winner will have 24 hours from time of receipt of winning notification to confirm that the notification has been received in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and, if time permits, an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining entries for that drawing at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Potential winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in Entrant's Twitter handle, telephone number, mailing address, and/or email. Entrant acknowledges that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Twitter.
Potential winners from Canada will also need to correctly answer, without any assistance of any kind, including mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email at the email address on file with Zipcar at the time of Entry. The potential winner only becomes the “winner” when such forms and/or information are completed, returned to and received by Sponsor if the mathematical skill-testing question was correctly answered.
All winning Entrants will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (the “Affidavit”) within 24 hours of notification in order to receive a prize (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign any, publicity release). A 1099 tax form will be issued where required. Some restrictions apply. All taxes or expenses, including without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner as well as all costs incurred in entering into the Sweepstakes or using or enjoying the prize.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited or restricted by law and notwithstanding the fact that the winner may be required to sign a separate Publicity Release, winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s agreement and consent for Sponsor to use and/or publish each winner’s full name, city and state or province of residence, Sweepstakes Entry, photos, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and/or statements made by winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, and in any manner including, but not limited to, promotional, marketing, commercial, advertising, trade and/or Sweepstakes on behalf of Sponsor, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review or approval. Each winner agrees that the Sponsor has complete ownership of such photos, etc., including the entire copyright.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, and Twitter from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize (or activity related thereto). As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants and winners 1) hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (3) in no event will any Entrant and/or winner be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AND/OR WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND TWITTER aND each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities as well as the successors, assigns and licensees of each and THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, Shareholders, contractors AND representative OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES), OR LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DEATH) AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PORTION THEREOF; a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of Entrant’s AND/OR WINNER’S representations, warranties or obligations herein; OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. ENTRANTS AND/OR WINNERS WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Entrants who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. All Sweepstakes entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries will be considered to be entered by the authorized account holder of the Twitter handle or e-mail address, as applicable, submitted at time of entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an Twitter handle or e-mail address, as applicable, by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning account information or e-mail addresses, as applicable, for the handle and/or domain, as applicable, associated with the submitted Twitter handle or e-mail address.
CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants or winners and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Country of Canada province of British Columbia. Entrants and/or winners hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Zipcar Attn: Davida MacBain, 654 Seymour Street, Vancouver, British Colombia v6b 3k4. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by October 18, 2015. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
SPONSOR: Zipcar, Inc., 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210.