Zipcar and The New York Botanical Garden #Zip2NYBG August “Outdoors Adventure” Contest
Enter NOW for a chance to WIN a free pair of tickets to The New York Botanical Garden and Zipcar driving credit to get you there! You can enter to win by following @ZipcarTriState during our one-week promotion from 8/1/16 – 8/5/16. Two (2) lucky winners be announced the following week on Monday, August 8th.
1. Follow @ZipcarTriState on Twitter.
2. Tweet at us (@ZipcarTriState) using #Zip2NYBG between 8/1/16 and 8/5/16 for a chance to win a pair tickets for two (2). Each tweet with ‘#Zip2NYBG’ will count as an entry. Limit two (2) entries per person during the duration of the contest.
Not a Zipcar member? No worries! Everyone is welcome to participate in our contest.
About this offer:
Contest valid through Twitter. Contest begins on August 1, 2016 at 9:00AM EST and will end August 5, 2016 at 5:30PM EST. There will be two winners chosen and announced on Monday, August 8, 2016. Refer to section 7 for prizing details.
By participating in the Zipcar New York’s #Zip2NYBG Contest (the “Promotion”), each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Zipcar, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older at time of entry (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins on August 1, 2016 at 9:00AM EST and ends on August 5, 2016 at 5:30PM EST. (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must have a valid Twitter account and follow @ZipcarTriState on Twitter. From your Twitter account follow the entry guidelines with the #Zip2NYBG hashtag. BY TWEETING THE SPECIFIED HASHTAG, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Alternatively, Entrants can enter the Promotion by visiting your local event or emailing Sponsor (NYCMarketing@zipcar.com) which will constitute a contest entry (“Entry”). Your Entry must be received by Zipcar by 5:30pm EST each day the contest is running. You may not use multiple Twitter accounts to participate in the Contest. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your responses may not be visible to Sponsor and may not thus be received by Sponsor. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device, standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply.
Limit two (2) entries per person during the promotional period. Each Tweet you make will count as your entry. If more than two (2) entries per person during the promotional period are received or if any person attempts to submit more than two (2) entries by using the same, multiple or different names, twitter accounts, contest entry forms, or otherwise, such Entries may be deemed void and such Entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Any Entrant found or reasonably suspected to be using multiple accounts to submit multiple Entries will be deemed ineligible for the Promotion, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4. Winner Selection: Winner will be picked at random by a panel of judges appointed by Sponsor. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these Official Rules. Entries will also be verified for accuracy to confirm that the Entrant supplied Sponsor with their correct contact information. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
Final determination of winners is at the Sponsor’s and judging panel’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants Sponsor the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry submitted (i) must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (ii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (iv) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (v) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, (vi) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (vii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (viii) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
7. PRIZES: Two (2) grand prize winners will receive:
Two (2) tickets for entry to The New York Botanical Gardens and $25 driving credit from Zipcar.
Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow up to 1 week for prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
8. WINNER SELECTION: Two winners will be selected randomly from the entries. You can enter up to two times during the promotion of the contest. Each winning Entrant will be notified via Twitter direct message by Sponsor each day of the contest from August 8thto August 12th. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification Twitter message within 72 hours from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification Twitter message. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification Twitter message within the specified time or the prize notification email or message is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email or Twitter message and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email or Twitter within 72 hours from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, Entry and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries or Votes will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
10. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
11. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Limit 1 Entry per person. If more than 1 Entry per person is received or if any person attempts to submit more than 1 Entry by using the same, multiple or different names or twitter addresses may be deemed void and that person may be disqualified from the Promotion. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
14. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Zipcar Attn: NYC Marketing, 1265 Broadway, New York, NY 10001. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by August 15, 2016.
15. SPONSOR: Zipcar, Inc., 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210