ZIPCAR GRANT CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CHOSEN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Zipcar Grant Contest is Sponsored and administered by Zipcar, Inc. The Contest is designed to award up to an aggregate of $100,000 in Zipcar driving credits (“Grant”) to non-profit organizations located in the North America that are a registered not-for -profit in Canada or have 501(c)(3) tax-filing status in the United States (“Eligible Organizations”). The winning Eligible Organizations must use the credits before February 28th, 2018. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Zipcar and their Affiliates and their immediate families, children, spouse, parents, siblings, those living in their same households whether or not related) are not eligible to enter on behalf of an organization; “Affiliates” includes all entities associated with Zipcar for purposes of this Contest. By participating, each Eligible Organization agrees to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and the decisions of the judges which are final and binding in all respects. Receiving the Grant is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entry into the Contest is open to both members and non-members of Zipcar and any Eligible Organization drivers must be are at least 18 years old and employed by and are a duly authorized representative of an Eligible Organization. Purchase of a Zipcar membership is not necessary to apply and a purchase will not improve the ability of an Eligible Organization to win. Receiving a Grant is contingent upon the Eligible Organization having at least one (1) employee or director who meets the Zipcar membership eligibility criteria as detailed here (click and then scroll down to the FAQ “Who is eligible to become a Zipcar member?”) and who can make use of the Grant. Any Eligible Organization who is selected as a Grant recipient and who fails to have at least one (1) employee or director who meets the membership eligibility criteria and who can make use of the Grant will be disqualified and Zipcar shall select an alternative Grant recipient. Proof of Entrant’s age and non-profit affiliation, as well as proof of the Eligible Organization having: (a) at least one (1) employee or director who meets Zipcar membership eligibility requirements and (b) 501(c)(3) tax-filing status is required before an Eligible Organization can claim the Grant. The eligibility of any Entrant or Eligible Organization is at the sole discretion of Zipcar. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure their Eligible Organization meets all eligibility criteria and can provide any required evidence of their eligibility.
2. GRANT PROGRAM ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest Entry Period begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 15, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries must be received and recorded in the application form hosted at Zipcar.com/zipcarma during the Entry Period.
3. CONTEST ENTRY GUIDELINES: Entrants must submit an application (the “Entry”) to zipcar.com/zipcarma on behalf of the Entrant’s employer Eligible Organization, providing:
a) Entrant’s name, email address, phone number and position at the Eligible Organization;
b) General information about the Eligible Organization, including confirmation of 501(c)(3) tax-filing status; and
c) An explanation of why the Eligible Organization should receive a Zipcar Grant and how such Eligible Organization would benefit and create a positive impact if selected as a Grant recipient; and
d) Photos and/or videos to showcase the Eligible Organization’s need.
All Entries are subject to the terms and conditions of these Rules. All Entries must be in English. Entries that are not received during the Entry Period or that do not comply with these Rules will be ineligible. Entry in this Contest constitutes Entrant’s irrevocable assignment, conveyance and transference to Zipcar of any and all right, title and interest in the Entry. Entries received without the appropriate information will not be accepted. Entrants must be the sole copyright owner of the Entry submitted and the Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. All Entries and materials submitted become the property of Zipcar and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Entry cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means previously. Entrant must have received consent of the Eligible Organization being nominated and all parties displayed in the Entry before submitting the Entry. The Entry must not contain brand names or trademarks with the exception of the Zipcar trademarks. The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
4. TO PARTICIPATE: Entrants must be employed by the Eligible Organization. The Entrant submitting the application on behalf of the Eligible Organization must be authorized to represent the Eligible Organization and the Entrant’s email address must be an e-mail address at the Eligible Organization. Zipcar reserves the right their sole discretion to disqualify Entrants or Eligible Organizations that do not conform to Zipcar’s values, mission and vision.
5. SELECTION PROCESS: Following the Entry Period, the Entries will be judged by a panel of Zipcar judges. Each Entry will be judged, in the judges’ sole discretion, on the following criteria:
· Completeness: How complete is the description of the Eligible Organization and its goals?
· Need: How well can Eligible Organization’s need for a transportation solution be met through an award under this program?
· Impact: How greatly will the award benefit the Eligible Organization and the surrounding community?
Eligible Organizations acknowledge that Zipcar may not grant the entire $100,000 set forth above and that grants shall be based upon Zipcar’s assessment of Eligible Organization’s need as well as validating other criteria set forth on the Entry.
6. CONTEST GRANTS:
Grant Recipients will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Ownership/Liability Release and Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”) within 72 hours of notification in order to receive the Grant. The Grant Recipient may also be required to submit documentation confirming 501(c)(3) tax-filing status. All taxes or expenses, including without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the Grant are the sole responsibility of the Grant Recipient, as well as all costs incurred in entering into the Contest or using or enjoying the Grant, such as any administrative costs, insurances and spending money are (unless specifically stated otherwise). No Grant substitutions or cash equivalent of Grant is permitted. Grants are non-transferable. Potential Grant Recipients will be notified by phone and/or e-mail. If any Grant notification is returned as undeliverable, or if Grant Recipient does not respond to notification within 24 hours of the date of notification, Grant will be forfeited and the judges will select an alternate Grant Recipient. In the event of noncompliance with these requirements, the Grant will be forfeited and the judges will select an alternate Grant Recipient. No more than the stated Grants will be awarded. Unclaimed Grants may not be awarded.
7. INDEMNIFICATION: By entering, each Entrant agrees to release and hold Zipcar, its Affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors, and agents of each such entity harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injury, loss, or damage of any kind to any person or property resulting from (i) acceptance, possession, or use of any Grant, (ii) participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities, (iii) use of the Entry or any video in any manner or (iv) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Contest. Except where legally prohibited, the Grant Recipient grants (and will confirm that grant in writing) permission to Zipcar and its Affiliates, exercised in their sole discretion, the right to use the Grant Recipient’s name, pictures, likeness, voices, biographical information and Entry (whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other works) at any time, in any form, in any media, without compensation of any kind and without notice, review, or approval. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant warrants that (i) the Entry does not violate any law or regulation or any right of any third party, including those laws, regulations, and rights related to copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy, (ii) the Entrant has received permission from his or her employer Eligible Organization to submit an Entry to be used as set forth in these Rules, and (iii) the Entrant has followed the Rules and has the right to Grant the rights to a content as provided in these Rules.
8. GENERAL. In the event Zipcar is prevented from continuing with this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Zipcar’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event) Zipcar shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without notice or further obligation. If Zipcar, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, Zipcar reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the Grant from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. Zipcar reserves the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Contest materials. Zipcar is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Contest, the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the Grant, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a Grant has been won. Zipcar may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who tampers with any Entry or with the operation of the Contest, who acts in violation of these Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner, or who displays any intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Contest is affected by any computer virus, worm, bug, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other cause which, in the sole opinion of Zipcar, corrupts or otherwise affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Zipcar may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest, and may determine Grant Recipient(s) from Entries already received or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Zipcar. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Zipcar reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Zipcar’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding Entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of the Entry used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
9. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ZIPCAR OR ITS AFFILIATES BE RESPONSIBLE OR OTHERWISE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO THE CONTEST, INCLUDING ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY DOWNLOADING FROM OR PRINTING MATERIAL FROM THE WEBSITE. EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be brought only in the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts.
11. GRANT RECIPIENTS LIST: To request the name of the Grant Recipients, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope in a first class stamped envelope to: Zipcar Grant Contest, Grant Recipient List Attn: Marketing Department, Zipcar, Inc., 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210.
SPONSOR: Zipcar, Inc., 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210.
© 2016 Zipcar, Inc. All rights reserved