"#Zipcatch" contest rules
Enter NOW for a chance to WIN Zipcar driving credit or a Zipcar vehicle named after your gaming nickname.
Pokémon GO™ is a trademark of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
By participating in the “#Zipcatch” Contest (the “Promotion”), each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Zipcar, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older at time of entry (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Entry into the Promotion is open to both members and non-members of Zipcar; purchase of a Zipcar membership is not necessary to enter the Contest and a purchase will not improve the ability of an Entrant to win. However, each Entrant selected as a winner of a prize that includes Zipcar driving credit or free days must have a Zipcar membership to collect such prize; any Entrant who does not have a Zipcar membership will forfeit such prize and be awarded an alternate prize (based on availability and at Sponsor’s sole discretion) and Sponsor shall select an alternative winner. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins July 21, 2016 at 12:00 AM EST and will end July 29, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Promotion Period”). Select winners will be chosen at random and will be notified via email. We will notify the winner via email on or about August 15, 2016.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants should tag photos of themselves or with friends on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook on their Ziptrip going to catch them all and be sure to include the #Zipcatch. Entries must be submitted during the Promotional Period and post between the dates of July 21, 2016 at 12:00 AM EST and July 29, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ANY DECISION OF SPONSOR. Your Entry must be received by Zipcar by July 29, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST.
4. WINNER SELECTION:
On or around July 30, 2016 winners will be selected by a panel of Judges, which is selected by the Sponsor. The entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
Judging Criteria: The Judges will select winners based on their favorite photos using the #Zipcatch, looking for originality, creativity and uniqueness.
Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these Official Rules. Entries will also be verified for accuracy to confirm that the Entrant supplied Sponsor with their correct contact information. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries. Final determination of winners is at the Sponsor’s and Judging panel’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants, transfers and conveys to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license and the absolute right to edit, reproduce, modify, publish, exploit, create derivative works from, display in whole or in part, and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity, including, without limitation, the right to use the Entry, in whole or in part, for any and all purposes and in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner including for promotional, marketing and commercial purposes, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Entry (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Entry and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Entrant must not include any trademarked or copyrighted material in the Entry unless Entrant has the rights to use them for the Entry and transfer such rights to Sponsor as may be required. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
20 winners will receive the following:
· 10 winners of Zipcar Driving credit of $10
· 10winners Naming of a Zipcar after PokemonGO™ trainer nicknames for a limited time and subject to Sponsor’s discretion.
Zipcar credit will be applied to the winner’s indicated Zipcar account.
8. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be notified via email by Sponsor. The potential winning Entrants must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification message within 72 hours from the date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification message or such prize will be forfeited. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification message within the specified time or the prize notification message is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen by Sponsor based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email message and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email within 72 hours from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email or such prize will be forfeited.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, Entry and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
All winning Entrants will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (the “Affidavit”) within 24 hours of notification in order to receive a prize (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign any, publicity release). Some restrictions apply. All taxes or expenses, including without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner as well as all costs incurred in entering into the Promotion or using or enjoying the prize, such as any administrative costs, insurances and spending money are (unless specifically stated otherwise). No substitutions or cash equivalent of a prize will be permitted. Prizes are non-transferable. The winner of any prize above the IRS threshold, currently $600, will be required to complete an IRS Form W-9, which requires disclosure of winner’s social security number, and an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of the prize will be issued to the winner as required by law. Gift certificate or gift card prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions of third party issuers or businesses where they are redeemed. Sponsor does not guarantee the availability of goods or services offered by such businesses and is not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates or gift cards. All prizes must be accepted "as is," and no warrantees will be provided by Sponsor.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an account by Sponsor. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
10. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor, its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
11. RELEASES: BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AND/OR WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, SUBSIDIARY AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES AS WELL AS THE SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND LICENSEES OF EACH AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, CONTRACTORS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES), OR LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DEATH) AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PORTION THEREOF; A BREACH OR ALLEGATION WHICH IF TRUE WOULD CONSTITUTE A BREACH, OF ANY OF ENTRANT’S AND/OR WINNER’S REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR OBLIGATIONS HEREIN; OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. ENTRANTS AND/OR WINNERS WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, human error, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper functioning of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time of such action either by using the Judging Criteria or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
14. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Zipcar, Inc. 35 Thomson Place Boston MA 02210 Attn: Marketing. Marketing Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by August 31, 2016.
15. SPONSOR: Zipcar, Inc., 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210.