Type in a location above, or select from the list below.
Zipcars live in 500+ cities across North America and Europe. See all Zipcar cities
ZIPCAR, INC. Premier Drive-in Twitter Trivia Contest OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”) NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor: Zipcar, Inc. 35 Thomson Place Boston, MA 02210
2. Agreement to Official Rules. The following rules apply to the Premier Drive-in Twitter Trivia Contest (the “Contest”). By entering the Contest, you agree to these Official Rules.
3. Entry Period/How to Enter: Enter between August 1, 2019 12:01AM Eastern Time (ET) and August 15, 2019 11:59PM Eastern Time (ET) by answering one of three multiple choice questions on the @zipcarcan twitter account
4. Eligibility: The Contest is only open to persons who at the time of entry are Zipcar social media followers on Twitter and who are legal residents of the continental United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and Puerto Rico) or Canada (excluding Quebec). Employees and their immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, spouse or persons living in the same household) of Sponsors, their parent company, affiliates or agents are not eligible. Eligibility is subject to verification. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All Entries become the property of Sponsors.
5. Prize: Three (3) Prize Packages will be awarded as part of the Contest. The Prize Package includes the following elements: a. Swag (t shirt/ball/pen) b. Concession coupons c. Free admission passes All prizes are subject to availability and are non-transferable, and no substitution, exchange or cash redemption of any prize, or part thereof, will be permitted, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. The Prize Package Winner is solely responsible for all usage costs, service fees, and expenses of any type, unless specifically listed as included in a prize. If the prize (or part thereof) is unavailable or becomes impracticable to fulfill, or in the event of unforeseen circumstances, Sponsors, in their discretion, reserve the right to substitute the original prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize of equal or greater monetary value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law. The prize winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes arising from receipt, acceptance or use of any prize. The winner of any prize above the IRS threshold, currently $600, will be required to complete an IRS Form W-9, which requires disclosure of winner’s social security number, and an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of the prize will be issued to the winner as required by law. Gift certificate or gift card prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions of third party issuers or businesses where they are redeemed. Sponsors do not guarantee the availability of goods or services offered by such businesses and is not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates or gift cards. All prizes must be accepted "as is," and no warrantees will be provided by Sponsors.
6. Odds of Winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification. Winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The Winner will be notified by August 19, 2019. Decisions of Sponsors shall be based on their discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules and are final and binding in all respects. Winner need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by email or such other method chosen by Sponsors and must respond to the prize notification within seventy-two (72) hours or prize will be forfeited. Except where prohibited by law, potential prize winners (and their guests) may be required to complete and return to Sponsors an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within the time specified in the prize notification. (Tennessee residents will not be required to sign a publicity release as a condition of winning a prize). If winner notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner fails to respond or return any required documents or releases within the specified time, the prize will be forfeited, and Sponsors may select another winner from the remaining eligible entries.
8. General: Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control threatens to impair the administration, integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or to disqualify any person who violates these Official Rules or attempts to tamper with any aspect of the Contest.
9. Release: Sponsors shall not be responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, Sponsor, or any printing or typographical errors or equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, misdirected, misdelivered, or undeliverable entries or notifications; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
10. Limitations of Liability: By entering the Contest or accepting a prize, each Entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, their parent company, and each of their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, advertising agencies, representatives and agents, from and against any claims, damages, liabilities, losses or causes of action related in any way to the operation of or such Entrant’s participation in the Contest and any other claims, damages or liabilities, including without limitation any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant’s, or its guest’s, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in the Contest. Under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, court costs, or attorney’s fees, other than for actual out-of-pocket expense not to exceed fifty dollars ($50.00). If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest, if available.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or a prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state or federal courts located in the United States of America (2) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, court costs, or attorney’s fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expense not to exceed fifty dollars ($50.00); and (3) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to such actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, not to exceed fifty dollars ($50.00). Entrant expressly waives any right to claim or recover attorney’s fees or court costs. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any Entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
12. Trademarks. Company names and trademarks associated with prizes are used solely to identify the prizes. No endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or approval of prize manufacturers or trademark owners is intended or implied by such use. All referenced company names and trademarks are registered and unregistered trademarks or copyrights of their respective owners.
13. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner’s consent to the Sponsors’ and their agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/ or hometown and state for advertising and promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
15. Rules Request: To receive an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size (#10) envelope, within six months of the Contest, to: Zipcar, Inc. Marketing Premier Drive-in Twitter Trivia Contest 35 Thomson Place Boston, MA 02210