Introducing Zipcar’s Communities with Drive program (empowered by Ford). We’ve teamed up to give an extra hand to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations. Tell us how your organization will use Zipcar to help others. Whether you work together to mentor children or bring meals to the hungry, we want your story.
COMMUNITIES WITH DRIVE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Communities with Drive Contest (the “Contest”) is administered by Zipcar, Inc. (“Zipcar”) and sponsored by the Ford Motor Company (“Ford”). The Contest is designed to award up to an aggregate of $200,000 in Zipcar credit (which can be used for membership and driving fees) and cash (the “Prizes”) to up to twenty-five (25) non-profit organizations located in the continental United States or the District of Columbia, excluding Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and Puerto Rico with 501(c)(3) tax-filing status (“Eligible Organizations”). The winning Eligible Organizations must use the Prizes before August, 2015. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Zipcar and Ford, and their Affiliates (and their immediate families—children, spouse, parents, siblings—and those living in their same households whether or not related) are not eligible to enter on behalf of an organization; “Affiliates” includes all entities associated with Zipcar or Ford for purposes of this Contest. By participating, each entrant (“Entrant”) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and the decisions of the judges, if applicable, which are final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entry into the Contest is open to both members and non-members of Zipcar who are at least 18 years old and employed by an Eligible Organization; purchase of a Zipcar membership is not necessary to enter the Contest and a purchase will not improve the ability of an Entrant’s Eligible Organization to win. Winning the Contest is, however, contingent upon the Eligible Organization having at least one (1) employee or director who meets the Zipcar membership eligibility criteria as detailed here (click and then scroll down to the FAQ “Who is eligible to become a Zipcar member?”) and who can make use of the Prize. Any Entrant whose Eligible Organization is selected as a winner and who fails to have at least one (1) employee or director who meets the membership eligibility criteria and who can make use of the Prize will be disqualified and Zipcar shall select an alternative winner. Proof of Entrant’s age and non-profit affiliation, as well as proof of the Eligible Organization having: (a) at least one (1) employee or director who meets Zipcar membership eligibility requirements and (b) 501(c)(3) tax-filing status is required before an Eligible Organization can claim the Prize. The eligibility of any Entrant or Eligible Organization is at the sole discretion of Zipcar. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure their Eligible Organization meets all eligibility criteria and can provide any required evidence of their eligibility.
2. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest Entry Period begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, April 14, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). Entries must be received and recorded on the www.facebook.com/zipcar application tab during the Entry Period.
3. CONTEST ENTRY GUIDELINES: Entrants must submit an application (the “Entry”) to the Zipcar Facebook page www.facebook.com/zipcar on behalf of the Entrant’s employer Eligible Organization, providing:
- Entrant’s name, email address, phone number and position at the Eligible Organization;
- General information about the Eligible Organization, including confirmation of 501(c)(3) tax-filing status; and
- An explanation of why the Eligible Organization should receive a Zipcar “Communities with Drive” Prize and how such Eligible Organization would benefit from the Prize if selected as a winner; and
- Photos and/or videos to showcase the Eligible Organization’s need.
Entrants can also enter by submitting an Entry to email@example.com; "Communities with Drive" must be indicated in the subject line to be considered. All emails must include the Entry described above. Email Entries must also be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 to be considered.
All Entries are subject to the terms and conditions of these Rules. All Entries must be in English. Entries that are not received during the Entry Period or that do not comply with these Rules will be ineligible. Entry in this Contest constitutes Entrant’s irrevocable assignment, conveyance and transference to Zipcar of any and all right, title and interest in the Entry. Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Zipcar, is considered inappropriate, obscene, indecent, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, objectionable, promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other status protected by law will be deemed ineligible, or is otherwise objectionable will be ineligible. Entries received without the appropriate information will not be accepted. Entrants must be the sole copyright owner of the Entry submitted and the Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. All Entries and materials submitted become the property of Zipcar and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Entry cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means previously. Entrant must have received consent of the Eligible Organization being nominated and all parties displayed in the Entry before submitting the Entry. The Entry must not contain brand names or trademarks with the exception of the Zipcar and Ford trademarks. The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
4. TO PARTICIPATE: Entrants must be employed by the Eligible Organization. The Entrant submitting the application on behalf of the Eligible Organization must be authorized to represent the Eligible Organization and the Entrant’s email address must be an e-mail address at the Eligible Organization.
Zipcar and Ford each reserve the right their sole discretion to disqualify Entrants or Eligible Organizations that do not conform to Zipcar’s or Ford’s values, mission and vision. For example, the following list of activities would generally not be eligible for support through this program:
- Organizations/activities designed to influence - or fund through political contributions - a particular law, election or politically-oriented cause.
- Financial management programs including debt reduction, program related investments, business loans, endowment campaigns.
- Any program that results in direct financial benefit to a specific individual or an individual sponsorship related to fundraising activities.
- Organizations that discriminate in their provision of goods and services based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical challenge, age or status as a protected military veteran.
- Religious programs/sectarian programs for religious purposes for solely the promotion of the religion/program.
Zipcar and Ford each reserve the right to revoke/terminate a Prize if the Prize is being used for a purpose other than as described in the Entrant’s Entry, including for any of the purposes described above. Zipcar and Ford each also reserve the right to contact Entrants to ask additional questions, request additional documentation and/or conduct phone interviews to gather additional information about Entrants or the Eligible Organization and to confirm Entrant’s affiliation with the Eligible Organization. Such phone interviews are not required and are at Zipcar and Ford’s sole discretion to assist in gathering information for Eligible Organization selection.
None of the employees or directors (including the Entrant) of an Eligible Organization are required to be Zipcar members at the time of submitting the Entry and no purchase of Zipcar or Ford services or products or services are required to enter this Contest or to win a Prize.
5. JUDGING AND VOTING: Following the Entry Period, the Entries will be judged by a panel of Zipcar and Ford judges (the “Panel”). Each Entry will be judged, in the judges’ sole discretion, on the following criteria:
- completeness: How complete is the description of the organization and its goals?
- Need: How well can the organization’s need for a transportation solution be met through an award under this Program?
- Impact: How greatly will the award benefit the organization and the surrounding community?
- Creativity: How creative and descriptive is the application and any additional multimedia submissions that are included (photos, videos, etc.)?
The top twenty-five Entries (the “Finalists”) as selected by the judging panel will be entered as nominees to be voted on in the Voting Period (defined below). Chances of being selected as a Finalist depend on the ability to meet the selection criteria above and the total number of Entrants.
The “Voting Period” commences at 12:00 a.m. ET on June 9, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 25, 2014. During the Voting Period, Voting shall be limited to one vote per Facebook user ID during the Voting Period. In order to cast a vote, voters will be required to Like the Zipcar Facebook page and select one Eligible Organization to win by visiting the contest application at www.facebook.com/zipcar.
VOTING: During the Voting Period, up to twenty-five (25) Eligible Organizations will compete via public voting to determine the Winners. Voting results will be shared as actual vote tallies.
IN ORDER TO CAST A VOTE, THE VOTER MUST LOG INTO HIS/HER FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. Voters must visit the Communities with Drive app, located at www.facebook.com/zipcar and follow the on-screen instructions to vote for the Eligible Organization of their choice. Each individual Voter is required to vote for one (1) Eligible Organization. Voting is limited to one (1) unique vote per person, during the Voting Period regardless of how many Facebook accounts are registered to such individual person. Employees, directors and staff associated with the Eligible Organization are permitted to participate as individual Voters in accordance with the eligibility criteria and the Voting Rules. Any suspected or deliberate attempt to manipulate, or otherwise fraudulently tamper with the voting process, may result in disqualification of the Voter and/or the Eligible Organization, at Zipcar or Ford’s sole discretion.
Fraudulent tampering includes but is not limited to:
- Registering for multiple Facebook accounts and/or using multiple e-mail addresses to establish multiple Facebook accounts;
- Offering any type of inducement or compensation (monetarily or otherwise) to any third party, in exchange for a vote in any manner;
- Using a vote exchange or brokering website/application to exchange votes in an attempt to manipulate the outcome of the voting;
- Developing strategic alliances with other Eligible Organizations or groups in an attempt to exchange votes which will adversely impact other Eligible Organizations scheduled for such Voting Period (Example: Organization A offers to direct their supporters to vote for Organization B in exchange for Organization B directing their supporters to vote for Organization A);
- Votes generated by a macro, script, bot or other fraudulent means in an attempt to manipulate the outcome of the Voting Period;
- Use of proxy voting.
In the event of a disqualification, Zipcar and Ford will determine the winners based on non-suspect votes, if possible. If voting results are corrupted to a point that winners cannot be determined, Sponsor reserves the right to evaluate the remaining Eligible Organization's initial applications and/or materials to award the prize based on the assessment of need, at their sole discretion. In the event of a tie at the end of the Voting Period, the tied Eligible Organizations for such tied days will be evaluated by a Zipcar and Ford panel of judges in order to determine a winner.
6. CONTEST PRIZES: The Eligible Organizations that receive the greatest number of votes during the Contest Voting Period (the “Winners”) will be awarded Prizes as follows:
- The Eligible Organization that receives the greatest number of votes during the Contest Voting Period will be the Grand Prize Winner, and will receive a $50,000 cash prize and $15,450 of Zipcar credits (the “Grand Prize”) that may be used for membership and driving fees for employees and/or volunteers who are associated with the Eligible Organization and who meet Zipcar’s membership eligibility requirements..
- The three (3) Eligible Organizations that receive the second, third and fourth greatest number of votes during the Contest Voting Period each will receive a $7,000 cash prize and $8,100 of Zipcar credits (the “Runner-up Prize”) that may be used for membership and driving fees for employees and/or volunteers who are associated with the Eligible Organization and who meet Zipcar’s membership eligibility requirements.
- The remaining twenty-one (21) Finalists will receive a $2,000 cash prize and $2,250 of Zipcar credits (the “Finalist Prize”) that may be used for membership and driving fees for employees and/or volunteers who are associated with the Eligible Organization and who meet Zipcar’s membership eligibility requirements.
The aggregate value of the Prizes is not to exceed $200,000.
The Winners will be announced on www.facebook.com/zipcar on or about Monday, June 30, 2014. The Winners will be notified at the email address provided to Zipcar in the contest entry form. If an Entrant affiliated with the Winner or another employee and/or volunteer of the Winner does not meet Zipcar’s membership criteria, the Winner will be disqualified and another, alternate Winner from amongst the Entries will be selected.
Winners will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Ownership/Liability Release and Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”) within 24 hours of notification in order to receive the Prize. (Tennessee residents need not consent to, or sign any, publicity release). Some restrictions apply. Winner may also be required to submit documentation confirming 501(c)(3) tax-filing status. All taxes or expenses, including without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner, as well as all costs incurred in entering into the Contest or using or enjoying the prize, such as any administrative costs, insurances and spending money are (unless specifically stated otherwise). No Prize substitutions or cash equivalent of prize is permitted. Prizes are non-transferable. Potential winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail. By entering, Entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Zipcar by phone, mail or e-mail. If any Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if Winner does not respond to notification within 24 hours of the date of notification, prize will be forfeited and the judges will select an alternate Winner. In the event of noncompliance with these requirements, the Prize will be forfeited and the judges will select an alternate winner. No more than the stated Prizes will be awarded. Unclaimed Prizes may not be awarded.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, each Entrant agrees to release and hold Zipcar, its Affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors, and agents of each such entity harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injury, loss, or damage of any kind to any person or property resulting from (i) acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize, (ii) participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities, or (iii) use of the Entry or any video in any manner. Except where legally prohibited, the Winner grants (and will confirm that grant in writing) permission to Zipcar and its Affiliates, exercised in their sole discretion, the right to use the Winner’s name, pictures, likeness, voices, biographical information and Entry (whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other works) at any time, in any form, in any media, without compensation of any kind and without notice, review, or approval. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant warrants that (i) the Entry does not violate any law or regulation or any right of any third party, including those laws, regulations, and rights related to copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy, (ii) the Entrant has received permission from his or her employer Eligible Organization to submit an Entry to be used as set forth in these Rules, and (iii) the Entrant has followed the Rules and has the right to grant the rights to a content as provided in these Rules.
Further, by submitting an Entry and/or a video, the Entrant grants permission for Zipcar and its Affiliates to publish, post, display, and otherwise use the Entry and/or the video in any form, in any manner, and in any media deemed appropriate by Zipcar or its Affiliate, without compensation of any kind to Entrant. In the event Zipcar is prevented from continuing with this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Zipcar’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event) Zipcar shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without notice or further obligation. If Zipcar, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, Zipcar reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the Prize from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. Zipcar reserves the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Contest materials. Zipcar is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Contest, the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the Prize, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a Prize has been won.
Neither Zipcar nor its Affiliates are responsible or otherwise liable in any manner for any (i) lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, non-delivered, or improperly captured Entry, (ii) lost, interrupted, or unavailable satellite, network, server, or other connection, (iii) accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunication, or failed computer, network, telephone, satellite, cable, transmission line, or communication line, (iv) technical failure, malfunction, or difficulty, whether related to software or hardware, (v) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmission, (vi) incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate information, (vii) unauthorized access to, tampering with, or hacking into any website or electronic device, or (viii) other error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Due to the high volume of anticipated applications, Program Team will not be able to answer any questions about the receipt or status of any application. Zipcar may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who tampers with any Entry or with the operation of the Contest, who acts in violation of these Rules or otherwise in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or who displays any intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Contest is affected by any computer virus, worm, bug, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other cause which, in the sole opinion of Zipcar, corrupts or otherwise affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Zipcar may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest, and may determine winner(s) from Entries already received or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Zipcar. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Zipcar reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Zipcar’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding Entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of the Entry used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
8. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ZIPCAR OR ITS AFFILIATES BE RESPONSIBLE OR OTHERWISE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO THE CONTEST, INCLUDING ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY DOWNLOADING FROM OR PRINTING MATERIAL FROM THE WEBSITE. EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration heard by a single arbitrator in accordance with the then-current rules of the American Arbitration Association (2) any arbitration shall be conducted in English, in Boston, Massachusetts; (e) any and all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Zipcar in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
10. WINNERS LIST: To request the name of the Winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope in a first class stamped envelope to: Communities with Drive Contest, Winner List Attn: Marketing Department, Zipcar, Inc., 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210.
11. OFFICIAL RULES: For a printed copy of the Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (VT residents need not affix return postage) to: Communities with Drive Contest, Attn: Marketing Department, Zipcar, Inc. 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210.
12. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Zipcar and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for Zipcar.
SPONSOR: Zipcar, Inc., 35 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210.
© 2014 Zipcar, Inc. All rights reserved.
frequently asked questions
What exactly is the Communities with Drive contest?
- Communities with Drive is a social, giving program, launched in partnership with Zipcar and Ford. The contest will be giving away $200,000 in cash and Zipcar credit, which will be awarded to 25 eligible 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations. The ranking of the 25 finalist organizations will be determined by voting.
When is the contest?
- The contest starts on April 14 and ends on June 30. Entries and nominations will be open from April 14 through May 27. Voting begins on June 9 and ends on June 25. The grand prize winner and ranking of the remaining finalist organizations will be announced on or around June 30 at www.facebook.com/zipcar.
Who is eligible to participate in this contest?
- Eligible organizations must be located in the continental United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and Puerto Rico) and have current 501(c)(3) tax-filing status in order to apply for a prize as part of Communities with Drive. In order to apply, entrants must be employed by the eligible organization they are submitting an application on behalf of, but do not need to be existing Zipcar members.
Who is eligible to vote in this contest?
How do I enter/nominate/vote as part of Communities with Drive?
- To enter Communities with Drive, please visit www.facebook.com/zipcar and click on the Communities with Drive application. You will need to Like the page in order to gain access to the Communities with Drive application. Once you’ve Liked the page, you will be able to enter, nominate and/or vote, depending on the current phase of the contest.
I don’t work for a non-profit organization. How can I get involved?
- Even if you’re not employed by a non-profit organization, we need your help to spread the word about the contest! During the contest entry period, be sure to nominate your favorite organization by visiting www.facebook.com/zipcar, clicking on the Communities with Drive application and clicking on the “Nominate” tab. During the voting phase, be sure to come back to cast your vote for the organization that you think should win the grand prize. During all phases of the contest, you can also share the campaign with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ by clicking on the share buttons within the Communities with Drive application. Don’t forget to use hashtag #CommunitiesWithDrive.
I work for an organization that is a finalist in the contest. Can I vote?
- Yes. Employees of finalist organizations may vote as part of the Communities with Drive contest.
What are the prizes associated with this contest?
- Communities with Drive will provide 25 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations with the following prizes:
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive a $50,000 cash prize and $15,450 of Zipcar credits.
- The three organizations that receive the second, third and fourth greatest number of votes will each receive a $7,000 cash prize and $8,100 of Zipcar credits.
- The remaining twenty-one finalists will receive a $2,000 cash prize and $2,250 of Zipcar credits.