1. You Don't Have a Car. When your friend got an awesome deal on a jukebox that supposedly was maybe owned by Frank Sinatra's cousin once – how are you going to move it? Guess you're just staying at home and chain-watching your favorite fantasy-drama.
2. You Don't Have a Car. The Giver
is playing and you still haven't seen it. Your little cousin really wants to go, but your aunt can't take him. The only catch is that the theater is out in the suburbs, so it might be a bit of a trip to get there.
3. You Don't Have a Car. You made a New Year's resolution to be more interesting. It's September – so how's that goin'? Remember how the cool guy or girl in movies always had a car? James Dean? Elle Woods? I mean the car in Cars was so cool that he literally was a car. It's okay; you can just be the person who hears about cool things the day after because she didn't have a car.
4. You Don't Have a Car. You and your S.O. want to try an awesome new Vietnamese recipe, but some of the ingredients are in a specialty store across town. It'll be really hard to get to by public transportation. I guess you can just order pizza for the 47th time.
5. You Don't Have a Car. Your school's homecoming game is at your rival college this year. Instead of driving all that way, you and your friends can have a fun "Live-Stream" party watching it in your dorm on your buddy's MacBook Air. Think of the excitement you'll have sharing the winning touchdown with your classmates! (Well, 7 seconds later...)
6. You Don't Have a Car. This is the Grand Canyon. It is majestic and American and a national treasure. You're looking at a picture of it right now. Because without a car, that's the closest you're going to get, which is pretty good – right?
7. You Don't Have a Van.
Let's say you want to plan a fun event with your friends. Here's what you can fit in a van:
-12 beach towels
-12 Super Soakers
-2 Bocce sets
-2 bags of tortilla chips
-2 jars of queso dip
-5 cases of root beer
Sounds pretty sweet.
But you could still have a good time without a van. Here's what you could bring on a bike with a basket and a cup holder:
-1 beach towel
-1 root beer
8. You Don't Have a Car. The cute roommates across the hall want to go to a music festival out of state, but I guess you don't have anything to drive them with. They'll just find someone else to go with – no big.
9. You Don't Have a Car. The internship of your dreams opened up at a hospital across town, and they're excited to have you come in on weekends to help out. Except, the subway stop near them is under construction for the next few months. Oh well. You can probably help them next year. Or never.
10. You Don't Have a Car. The love of your life is about to get on a plane to Europe, and you need to catch them at the airport. Trouble is, it's 5:30 p.m. and every cab in the city is taken! You probably won't get there in time, and their phone is off, so you should probably spend your time writing a heartfelt email they can read when they land in Bruges.