Congratulations, It’s a…Car! How We Name Zipcars
Ever wonder how Zipcars get their names? Well, there’s this big enchanted machine in our basement. And whenever someone has an idea, they write it on a piece of paper, throw it in and the cars are automagically named. Well, sort of. Here’s how we actually do it:
- Employees come up with a list of fun name ideas.
- We play Name That Zipcar on Zipcar’s Facebook Page to hear from our members and choose our favorite suggestions.
- We plug the list into the system to make sure there’s nobody in the fleet with the same name. (Yup. Every car is different.)
- The final list goes into the vehicle-naming database.
- And voilá! We print up snazzy nametags and into the car it goes.
And of course we have our favorites: Honda CRV Caliente, Audi A3 Jazzhands, MINI MeowMeow, Focus Flapjack, Prius Platypus. (We could keep going but will stop there.)