By participating in the Zipcar for Uber Driver Partners program (“Uber Program”), you are required to comply with the Zipcar member agreement and program-specific terms and conditions outlined below.
- Participation in the Uber Program is only available to Zipcar members who agree to these terms and associate their account to Uber.
- You must be an approved Uber Driver Partner to participate in the Uber Program.
- As part of the Uber Program, you will only be able to reserve vehicles that have been pre-approved for participation in the Uber Program.
- You may not transfer your membership with the Uber Program to another Zipcar membership plan. You can terminate your membership at any time by contacting Zipcar.
- You may only use Zipcar vehicles for Uber ride hailing services under the Uber Program. The program is only available if you drive for Uber ride hail and not for any other Uber service such as Uber Eats or Uber Health.
- Personally identifiable information about you may be provided directly to Uber or their service providers. The information that may be provided may include, but is not limited to, your reservation information or any accident information.
If you participate in the Uber Program, the insurance maintained while you drive differs from if you were to drive a Zipcar as a consumer member outside of the Uber Program.
If you are already covered by other vehicle insurance, you agree that that vehicle insurance will be the primary insurance, with any insurance listed below to be secondary.
If you are not otherwise covered by vehicle insurance, then the following insurance will apply in the periods indicated. To obtain coverage in the event of a claim, you have a duty to fully cooperate and you must be in compliance with all other Uber and Zipcar terms and conditions.
|Stage||Damage to Vehicle||Deductible||Liability Insurance|
|Your Uber App is Off (Offline)||Zipcar to cover in excess of the $1,000 deductible||$1,000 paid to Zipcar by Uber driver partner||Zipcar to provide liability coverage up to the minimum financial responsibility limits required in the state/jurisdiction in which the accident occurs|
|Your Uber App is On (Available and waiting for a ride request)||Zipcar to cover in excess of the $1,000 deductible||$1,000 paid to Zipcar by Uber driver partner||Uber to provide liability coverage of $50,000 bodily injury per person, $100,000 bodily injury maximum, and $25,000 property damage|
|Your Uber App On (En Route to pick up riders or On Trip)||Zipcar to cover in excess of the $1,000 deductible||$1,000 paid to Zipcar by Uber driver partner||Uber to provide liability coverage of $1,000,000 CSL (combined single limit) per accident and $250,000 for uninsured and underinsured motorist bodily injury.|