Zipcar expands its service to six additional Metro-North stations
Zipcar today announced the expansion of its partnership with Metro-North Railroad (MNR) bringing its “wheels when you want them” membership service to six additional MNR stations.
In February 2017, Metro-North rolled out its “Ride2Drive” program, making Zipcars available at nine Hudson Valley stations along the Harlem, Hudson and New Haven lines:
- Harlem Line: North White Plains and Woodlawn
- Hudson Line: Poughkeepsie and Beacon
- New Haven Line: Port Chester, Harrison, Mamaroneck, Pelham and Mount Vernon East
The program has expanded to an additional four East of Hudson stations and two West of Hudson stations:
- Harlem Line: Southeast
- Hudson Line: Irvington, Tarrytown and Peekskill
- Pascack Valley Line: Spring Valley and Pearl River
Now, Zipcar members have access to a total of 26 vehicles at 15 Metro-North stations parked in dedicated, clearly marked parking spaces. Zipcars are available for reservation by the hour or the day and each Zipcar reservation includes gas, insurance, maintenance and 180 miles of driving per day, making it a great option for those looking for ways to save money on the high cost of car ownership.
Prospective members can join online at: www.zipcar.com.